We provide support
Future Families provides a comprehensive package of support to foster carers to enable as good an outcome as possible. We take pride in the support we offer to our foster carers and have made it the cornerstone of the service knowing good support assist foster carers to maintain placements.
Support to foster carers includes the following
- Support available from experienced and qualified staff member 365 days per year, 7 days per week and 24 hours per day including out of office hours support
- On approval allocated a qualified supervising social worker who will visit on at least a monthly basis when a child is in placement and more often if required. They will also visit and keep in telephone or email contact when there is not a placement
- Access to an experience support worker when additional support is needed with a child or young person
- A full yearly training programme to support foster carers learning and development
- Additional support by Supervising social worker to complete a recognised foster carers qualification including workshops and one-to-one input
- Generous foster carer fee and fostering allowances for the children
- Access to paid respite care
- Induction training following approval as foster carer
- Regular foster carers support group
- Membership of the Fostering Network giving access to additional information, support and guidance including legal and tax advice
- Children in placement have access to one-to-one sessions, social outings or group activities with experience support workers
Future Families have a dedicated and committed staff group who are focussed on supporting foster carers as we recognised foster carers are paramount to children having better life experience. As an agency we continue to listen to foster carers and have learnt from their feedback of concerns and needs and seek to adapt the service to improve the support we provide. We continue to seek to get better.